Thinking about getting a dog? First ask yourself a few questions:
- Are you and your family ready for a 15 year commitment?
- Will you put the time, energy and expense into having a dog (food, vet, training, etc.)?
- Does your schedule allow for a dog? (If you work long hours, do have the time or energy for a dog?)
- Are dogs permitted where you live? (Check with your landlord and be honest. Too many dogs need to be re-homed because a landlord said "no pets".) Does your renter/homeowners insurance cover dogs?
- Do you currently have pets in the house? (If you are adding another dog to your pack, we strongly suggest Bella Reeds "2 week shut down")
- If you are ready. PLEASE consider adoption. Your local animal shelter/rescue(s) have so many dogs that need good homes. (If your not ready, maybe fostering is for you)